Woman and child rescued after becoming stuck in mud
Date published: 26 January 2021
Photo: J Media Group Fire Ground Photography
Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service rescued a woman and child near Cherwell Avenue, Heywood
A woman and a child were rescued by firefighters after becoming stuck in a muddy Heywood footpath at the weekend (Saturday 23 January).
The woman and child became stuck in the mud near Cherwell Avenue just after 5pm.
Firefighters from Bury, Whitefield, Heywood and Ashton fire stations arrived quickly at the scene and firefighters using inflatable rescue paths and shovels assisted a woman and a child from the mud, who were then taken to hospital as a precaution.
Crews were on the scene for approximately one and a half hours.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Concerns raised over Rochdale’s Riverside complex after it emerges the council is liable for rent...
- 2Town centre sites to be transformed as Rochdale looks forward to reopening
- 358mph in a 30 zone - Speed sting catches reckless drivers
- 4Smithy Bridge man to run 48 miles in 48 hours in memory of late younger brother
- 5CCTV footage released after man, 65, threated with gun and hit with hammer in Middleton burglary