Former Springhill Hospice fundraising manager becomes Co-op Member Pioneer for Castleton, Heywood and Middleton
Date published: 26 January 2021
Former Springhill Hospice Fundraising Manager, Ian Jenkins has joined the Co-op Group as their Member Pioneer for Castleton, Heywood and Middleton.
Member Pioneers bring together Co-op members, colleagues and local causes to make the community a better place by making a difference.
This can be achieved through the FoodShare scheme which helps distribute food to local foodbanks, the community fund that helps with the funding of various schemes and organisations across local communities, or with staff lending valuable time as volunteers.
Mr Jenkins said he was “delighted” with the role, which has a country-wide network of 1,000 Co-op member pioneers.
He continued: “I’d be very happy to hear from community organisations in my catchment area who feel that the Co-op may be able to help them. Our foodstores at Grosvenor Street in Castleton and Middleton Road, Heywood, along with the Funeralcare office in Middleton, all take part in the Co-op’s ongoing process of giving assistance to local good causes.
“Thanks to our members, the Co-op has delivered £15m to 4,500 local causes across the UK in the last 12 months and I want our communities in Castleton, Heywood and Middleton to get their share.”
You can become a member of the Co-op for just £1, with a portion of funds from own brand products being put back into local causes.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Concerns raised over Rochdale’s Riverside complex after it emerges the council is liable for rent...
- 2Town centre sites to be transformed as Rochdale looks forward to reopening
- 358mph in a 30 zone - Speed sting catches reckless drivers
- 4Smithy Bridge man to run 48 miles in 48 hours in memory of late younger brother
- 5CCTV footage released after man, 65, threated with gun and hit with hammer in Middleton burglary