Gladys celebrates her 102nd birthday
Date published: 03 November 2019
Gladys Radburn celebrated her 102nd birthday with her son Bill and daughter-in-law Vicky Radburn
Gladys Radburn celebrated her 102nd birthday on Wednesday 30 October 2019.
Born in 1917, Gladys moved to Rochdale from Birmingham to be closer to her family and currently resides at Ashcroft sheltered housing scheme in Hurstead.
She celebrated the big day with her son Bill and daughter-in-law Vicky Radburn, plus an additional 40 people who attended her birthday party.
Scheme manager at Ashcroft, Sally Bishop, said: “Gladys loves living at Ashcroft, and is a big part of Ashcroft, she gets involved as much as she can with activities and socialising.
“Gladys still attends armchair exercise class once a week and goes to pottery class.”
Gladys won a Changing Lifestyles Recognition Award at the 2018 Rochdale Boroughwide Sports and Culture Awards for her determination and commitment to attending classes at the home.
She has put her secret of longevity down to to her sense of humour, always being kind and caring to others and keeping active so she can stay as independent as possible.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Here’s where you can Eat Out to Help Out: the venues offering the government’s 50% discount deal
- 220-year-old Rochdale man charged with drug and driving offences after police 'witness drug deal'
- 3Council urges residents to follow new regional restrictions
- 4Rochdale residents invited to help create giant town centre artwork
- 5New lockdown restrictions - your questions answered