Woman charged with causing death by dangerous driving
Date published: 09 January 2019
Sobia Aftar, 33, of Taylor Street, Rochdale has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving and is appearing at Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court this morning (Wednesday 9 January 2019).
Shortly after 3.30pm on Monday 1 October 2018, police were called to reports of a serious collision between a red Range Rover and a pedestrian on Taylor Street, Rochdale.
The pedestrian - 11-year-old Marianne Haboc - was sadly pronounced dead at the scene, despite the best efforts of the emergency services.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Safety of local earth-filled dams at reservoirs
- 2Residents don't recycle food because it is "smelly and dirty", survey finds
- 3Rochdale has some of the best roads in Greater Manchester
- 4Rochdale has one of the best recycling rates in the north west
- 5Hamer ABC receive funding to offer free sessions for people with poor mental health