Woman charged with causing death by dangerous driving
Date published: 09 January 2019
Sobia Aftar, 33, of Taylor Street, Rochdale has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving and is appearing at Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court this morning (Wednesday 9 January 2019).
Shortly after 3.30pm on Monday 1 October 2018, police were called to reports of a serious collision between a red Range Rover and a pedestrian on Taylor Street, Rochdale.
The pedestrian - 11-year-old Marianne Haboc - was sadly pronounced dead at the scene, despite the best efforts of the emergency services.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1New sensory and wellbeing centre opens in Rochdale
- 2Fundraiser set up for Rochdale couple after their 3-year-old son loses battle with cancer
- 3Free bulky waste collections to be introduced in Rochdale as council aims to stamp out fly-tipping
- 4Archaeologists at ‘Big Dig’ hope to uncover Rochdale’s Anglo-Saxon history
- 5Broadfield Park Hotel taken over by Brilliant Hospitality Management