General Election 2010
Heywood & Middleton Constituency
Jim Dobbin has a record of commitment and achievement during the past thirteen years as a member of Parliament. His efforts in bringing investment into the constituency, coupled with his independent voting record, is a testimony to the accomplishment of his duties on behalf of his constituents.
My commitment to you is as follows:
- I will not support any measures that are designed to damage essential frontline public services and create subsequent job loses
- I will continue to promote the well being of our children, families, and elderly. The cohesion of our local communities is vital
- I will oppose any plans to extend privatisation measures into our public sector
- I will oppose any proposals to create a two tier health service and to reverse the gains over the last decade
- I will actively campaign to promote opportunities for all our children and young people, via schools, colleges, universities or skills and training opportunities
- I will continue to support the police, local councillors and community groups in the pursuit of law enforcement and strong confident local communities
With Labour much has been achieved, together we can again protect our local communities in these difficult times.