Spotland & Falinge Ward
I'm Rachel Massey. I grew up here in Spotland and Falinge. I played in Falinge Park as a child, went to school here and learned to drive on our roads. I'm proud to be from Rochdale, and even more so from Spotland which is why, with my husband, we made the decision to raise our family here and to run our business from our hometown.
I'm thrilled to be your Labour candidate for the local elections on 2nd May and I look forward to fighting for the issues that matter to you.
I am a committed member of the community who has recently pushed for the new playground equipment to be installed at the Rec on Ings Lane and helped to create the new walking trail for health and wellbeing in Spotland. I am also a keen supporter of Rochdale in Bloom who proudly won gold awards in North West in Bloom and Britain in Bloom this year.
Actions speak louder than words, so before you decide who to vote for on Thursday 2 May, please take a look at some of the articles below, which show just some of the things your Labour team and I have recently been involved with in our ward:
1. A new play area on ‘the Rec’, Ings Lane
2. Traffic calming measures and 20mph zone in the Cutgate area, on Longfield Road and Falkland Avenue
3. Remarkable success with Rochdale In Bloom
4. Representing mums and women in Parliament, and at home
5. Grand Opening of the Green Flag Award winning Denehurst Park
6. Spotland Walking Trail - An RHS ‘Greening Grey Britain’ project
8. Installation of new bins on Spotland Road
10. Rochdale AFC Wonderwall
These are just some of the things that I’ve been involved with. Your Labour team work hard for Spotland & Falinge everyday. We care about you, we care about where we live, and we want to make positive changes to our community and to the services that we all use everyday.
If elected, along with my fellow Labour councillors I will be fighting for:
• Safer Communities - Making sure our neighbourhoods are safer for everyone, with more police on the streets.
• Mental Health - Improved access to mental health support and healthcare.
• Vibrant Small Businesses - Helping businesses in the ward to grow and expand, bringing an end to abandoned shop fronts and in return offer jobs to local people.
• A Cleaner & Greener ward - With streets free from litter, fly-tipping and dog mess. I will work to ensure that our ward benefits from the Labour council promise of £1,000,000 towards In Bloom projects, and improving our parks and green spaces.
• Better Roads - Our ward is already benefiting from Labours £12 million for local roads, and I will continue to push for further funding in our ward. I also want to see our local bus services improved, with more frequent services across Spotland & Falinge.
Please vote for me so that I can be an active, hard working Labour Councillor for you in Spotland and Falinge. We have a great ward, a wonderful community and an exciting future.