The best gift of all
Posted By: Ann Metcalfe
Date Posted: 27/12/2010
A very belated 'Seasons Greetings'.
Events have overtaken us this past week.
Lots of Christmas cards are scattered around the kitchen worktop awaiting stamps and posting!
Maybe I can save on buying these cards next year!
So, apologies if you haven't received yours this year they will be recycled next year!
The reason for all this turmoil....
Sarah has had her babies early.
Theo and Felicity were due towards the end of January but decide to make their grand entrance in time for Christmas.
Sarah was admitted to Maternity on Friday before giving birth on Monday.
I just need to say how amazing the whole of the staff have been. Maternity, Labour and now the Special Baby Care Unit have been absolutely wonderful.
Their care, dedication and compassion is something which has to be experienced to be appreciated.
This first hand experience has made me even more aware of the absolute need to retain these services for our borough and for all future babies.
Never mind the theory and number crunching behind the proposed changes. This has been the reality, the warmth,the skills and knowledge given by the expert staff. This unit is something more we need to save for the borough without a doubt.
THANK YOU to All the STAFF...you were/are FANTASTIC.
More Entries By Ann Metcalfe
- 2012... Date posted: 30/12/2011
- So, how did you spend the Bank Holiday? Date posted: 31/05/2011
- Looking forward Date posted: 10/05/2011
- It really is the thought that counts.... Date posted: 04/12/2010
- What an eye opener! Date posted: 29/08/2010
- Preamble and The Three Owls. Date posted: 12/08/2009
- Good to be Back with you. Date posted: 19/10/2008
- A&E, Rochdale Infirmary - 101% Date posted: 09/02/2008
- Holocaust Memorial Day Ceremony Date posted: 27/01/2008
- Top marks to Rochdale A&E staff Date posted: 25/01/2008
- A Grand Day Out at last! Date posted: 13/01/2008
- Community spirit at Taylor Park Date posted: 04/11/2007
- Anyone got any good news? Date posted: 16/10/2007
- The Golden Mosque Date posted: 07/10/2007
- Well done Rochdale Rotarians Date posted: 09/09/2007
- Charity doesn't always begin at home Date posted: 05/09/2007
- Norden welcomes devolution Date posted: 31/08/2007
- The Kingsway Partnership Date posted: 07/07/2007
- Thank you Susan and Heywood Township Date posted: 23/05/2007
- An enjoyable visit Date posted: 22/05/2007
- Recycling and Alternate Weekly Collections Date posted: 18/05/2007
- Keeping 'IN TOUCH' Date posted: 12/05/2007
- Apologies Date posted: 09/05/2007
- Thank you Date posted: 04/05/2007
- The final round up Date posted: 02/05/2007
- These boots were made for walking Date posted: 26/04/2007
- Singing from the same hymn sheet! Date posted: 23/04/2007
- How often do we say 'Thank You?' Date posted: 17/04/2007
- This sudden awareness Date posted: 21/03/2007