It really is the thought that counts....
Posted By: Ann Metcalfe
Date Posted: 04/12/2010
This morning I enjoyed yet another Christmas Fair in the village here at Norden.
Despite the heavy snowfall over night, slippery pavements and bitterly cold weather all the stalls were brimming over with festive goods for sale .
Laden with mince pies, bric a brac (I've more than enough at home to begin with) I spotted something I felt I simply couldn't leave without buying....
It may sound 'sad' to some people but it really did make me think.
...a HAPPINESS KIT. The tiny lace bag, tied with a lovely delicate ribbon holds;
An eraser to make all those little mistakes go away.
A penny so you will never be completely broke.
A marble for those days when you're sure you have lost yours.
A rubber band to help you stretch beyond your current limits.
String to hold it all together when things seem to be falling apart.
A sweet to remind you that someone really does care for you.
All this for just 50p!
Just goes to show it doesn't need to cost a lot to make someone happy!
All the VERY best for Christmas and New Year,whoever you are and however you vote,
More Entries By Ann Metcalfe
- 2012... Date posted: 30/12/2011
- So, how did you spend the Bank Holiday? Date posted: 31/05/2011
- Looking forward Date posted: 10/05/2011
- The best gift of all Date posted: 27/12/2010
- What an eye opener! Date posted: 29/08/2010
- Preamble and The Three Owls. Date posted: 12/08/2009
- Good to be Back with you. Date posted: 19/10/2008
- A&E, Rochdale Infirmary - 101% Date posted: 09/02/2008
- Holocaust Memorial Day Ceremony Date posted: 27/01/2008
- Top marks to Rochdale A&E staff Date posted: 25/01/2008
- A Grand Day Out at last! Date posted: 13/01/2008
- Community spirit at Taylor Park Date posted: 04/11/2007
- Anyone got any good news? Date posted: 16/10/2007
- The Golden Mosque Date posted: 07/10/2007
- Well done Rochdale Rotarians Date posted: 09/09/2007
- Charity doesn't always begin at home Date posted: 05/09/2007
- Norden welcomes devolution Date posted: 31/08/2007
- The Kingsway Partnership Date posted: 07/07/2007
- Thank you Susan and Heywood Township Date posted: 23/05/2007
- An enjoyable visit Date posted: 22/05/2007
- Recycling and Alternate Weekly Collections Date posted: 18/05/2007
- Keeping 'IN TOUCH' Date posted: 12/05/2007
- Apologies Date posted: 09/05/2007
- Thank you Date posted: 04/05/2007
- The final round up Date posted: 02/05/2007
- These boots were made for walking Date posted: 26/04/2007
- Singing from the same hymn sheet! Date posted: 23/04/2007
- How often do we say 'Thank You?' Date posted: 17/04/2007
- This sudden awareness Date posted: 21/03/2007