Good to be Back with you.
Posted By: Ann Metcalfe
Date Posted: 19/10/2008
Hi, it's good to be back.
I may not be as 'computer literate' as most but I do realise the value and the important opportunities which Rochdale Online Councillors Diary gives me as a local Councillor. It is good to be able to attempt to share my opinion of local issues with others.
The issue of the Congestion Charging is one which will have far reaching impact on so many of us across the borough. It is vital we all know the truth and long term issues around this proposal. There are vast amounts of money involved not only from Government but more importantly as far as you and I are concerned.
For me this has been yet another frustrating week as far as Rochdale's involvement with the TIF bid goes. I am sure many people will have read the posts on the Open Forum:
On Wednesday evening I attempted to put forward yet another motion in connection with the proposed Congestion Charge for residents of Rochdale Borough.
Once again my motion was disregarded by the majority Lib/ Dem Councillors. That is why I am so pleased Cllr Peter Evans a long serving Lib/ Dem actually voted in favour of at least some debate. This of course being once again over ruled by the majority of Lib/Dems.
In my opinion it just proves how insecure they feel and how 'running scared' they must be not to even allow a free debate in Council.
With the recent financial downturn this proposal is not at all viable. We should not be putting our Council and it's residents in such a difficult position.
Of course we all wish to see more trains, a better bus service (we don't even have one where I live) and improved roads. This is what our money SHOULD be spent on by Government. This is the reason we pay our taxes.
PLEASE, PLEASE think long and hard before you vote at the referrendum.
We all know who will end up paying the costs don't we!
More Entries By Ann Metcalfe
- 2012... Date posted: 30/12/2011
- So, how did you spend the Bank Holiday? Date posted: 31/05/2011
- Looking forward Date posted: 10/05/2011
- The best gift of all Date posted: 27/12/2010
- It really is the thought that counts.... Date posted: 04/12/2010
- What an eye opener! Date posted: 29/08/2010
- Preamble and The Three Owls. Date posted: 12/08/2009
- A&E, Rochdale Infirmary - 101% Date posted: 09/02/2008
- Holocaust Memorial Day Ceremony Date posted: 27/01/2008
- Top marks to Rochdale A&E staff Date posted: 25/01/2008
- A Grand Day Out at last! Date posted: 13/01/2008
- Community spirit at Taylor Park Date posted: 04/11/2007
- Anyone got any good news? Date posted: 16/10/2007
- The Golden Mosque Date posted: 07/10/2007
- Well done Rochdale Rotarians Date posted: 09/09/2007
- Charity doesn't always begin at home Date posted: 05/09/2007
- Norden welcomes devolution Date posted: 31/08/2007
- The Kingsway Partnership Date posted: 07/07/2007
- Thank you Susan and Heywood Township Date posted: 23/05/2007
- An enjoyable visit Date posted: 22/05/2007
- Recycling and Alternate Weekly Collections Date posted: 18/05/2007
- Keeping 'IN TOUCH' Date posted: 12/05/2007
- Apologies Date posted: 09/05/2007
- Thank you Date posted: 04/05/2007
- The final round up Date posted: 02/05/2007
- These boots were made for walking Date posted: 26/04/2007
- Singing from the same hymn sheet! Date posted: 23/04/2007
- How often do we say 'Thank You?' Date posted: 17/04/2007
- This sudden awareness Date posted: 21/03/2007