More Pennines fortnightly bin collection propaganda road shows !
Posted By: Susan Emmott
Date Posted: 30/08/2007
Interesting to see that the Council’s Environmental Services are having two more of their propaganda road shows on fortnightly bin collections next week. At Morrisons, Kingsway and at Hollingworth Lake. So, obviously these are designed to attract people living in the Pennines.
Mr Pennill from Environmental Services says one of the reasons for having them is that people can raise concerns they have about the fortnightly collections. But hang on a minute, we have been told that people in the Pennines are as happy as sand boys with the reduced refuse collection service. So why, a year after the event, are people urged to come forward with any “concerns” they may have?
To be fair to Mr. Pennill, as an officer it has not been his decision to have these extra road shows. He is simply doing his job. The political powers that be are responsible.
Of course, we need to ask just how much these extra road shows are costing the Council? How much of Council Tax payers money is being used for this propaganda?
Could it be that the disquiet about fortnightly collections within the controlling Lib-Dem group has reached a new height?
Are those Lib-Dem councillors who are unhappy with fortnightly collections now starting to bite back?
Has the constant barrage of complaints on Rochdale Online finally woken the Lib Dems up to the fact that Wera Hobhouse's over zealous crusade is costing them support?
Have the letters of complaint from ordinary residents that appear regularly in the Rochdale Observer started to make the Lib-Dem Group think again?
Is Wera about to be upended and see her treasured fortnightly collections scrapped?
The mind boggles…..
More Entries By Susan Emmott
- Caught on Candid Camera! Date posted: 07/02/2008
- Community Participation or William's Warm Words? Date posted: 25/01/2008
- Welcome Jonathan Date posted: 02/12/2007
- Give us our school places! Date posted: 17/11/2007
- I'm still waiting, Wera Date posted: 11/11/2007
- More clarification please Wera Date posted: 07/11/2007
- F.A.O Councillor Wera Hobhouse Date posted: 30/10/2007
- Fortnightly bin collections - I'll move on when you sort it out! Date posted: 07/10/2007
- Heywood Against Landfill Date posted: 19/09/2007
- Uncollected Council Tax Scandal Date posted: 09/09/2007
- Fortnightly Bin Collections - if you're lucky! Date posted: 16/08/2007
- Abdul Chowdry - my own tribute. Date posted: 07/08/2007
- Thanks Brenda Date posted: 18/07/2007
- Official - Fortnightly Bin Collections are rubbish!!!! Date posted: 16/07/2007
- Recycled Teenagers - the sequel! Date posted: 11/07/2007
- Not just in Heywood - Bamford as well! Date posted: 24/06/2007
- "A goodwill gesture" Date posted: 21/06/2007
- Fortnightly Bin Collection Fiasco Date posted: 13/06/2007
- Chaos, utter chaos! Date posted: 07/06/2007
- The Emperor's New Clothes Date posted: 26/05/2007
- Well, I tried. Date posted: 23/05/2007
- Dear Wera - an open letter Date posted: 22/05/2007
- Fortnightly Bin Collections - Opposition grows Date posted: 21/05/2007
- Update Date posted: 20/05/2007
- Update on diary Date posted: 19/05/2007
- Thank you Date posted: 17/05/2007