Not just in Heywood - Bamford as well!
Posted By: Susan Emmott
Date Posted: 24/06/2007
It would seem that the introduction of fortnightly bin collections has caused problems in other areas and not just in Heywood. It seems that chaos and incompetence are ensuing wherever it is being imposed.
According to the Rochdale Observer (23rd June) residents in parts of Bamford were also sent the wrong information. They too, like a very large number of people in Heywood were sent the wrong calendars by Wera Hobhouse’s department.
The Observer reports that a gentleman from Bamford had been sending emails to her department all week to try and sort out the confusion. But in the end, as is now becoming a regular occurrence, when the collection took place, people in that part of Bamford didn’t know which bins they were supposed to put out.
The same gentleman also said, “Some were actually shouting at the binmen, but it was not their fault, it was the incompetent people in charge.” - Hear; hear to that Sir!
Of course, people in Heywood, Bamford, Norden, Castleton and elsewhere on the fortnightly bin collections are being urged to be patient and considerate because the new service will take a while to settle down.
Why the Hell should people be patient? They pay their Council Tax and they expect to receive a proper, competent service in return for their money.
We were all told that the pilot scheme in the Pennines was a tub-thumping success and that the teething problems encountered there were all sorted out now. Yet, when the scheme started in Heywood, Bamford and other areas, we see massive problems that should have been sorted out by lessons supposedly learned in the Pennines.
And by the way, it is not just Labour councillors in Heywood that are giving the fortnightly bin collection scheme a lot of criticism. Some of the most damning criticism has come from Lib-Dem Councillor Peter Rush. So all the shrieking about it being party political is complete nonsense.
Heywood Councillors, both Labour and Liberal Democrat, are united in their opposition to fortnightly collections. We are listening to our communities and we are reflecting what they are telling us and not a single one of us supports landfill!
More Entries By Susan Emmott
- Caught on Candid Camera! Date posted: 07/02/2008
- Community Participation or William's Warm Words? Date posted: 25/01/2008
- Welcome Jonathan Date posted: 02/12/2007
- Give us our school places! Date posted: 17/11/2007
- I'm still waiting, Wera Date posted: 11/11/2007
- More clarification please Wera Date posted: 07/11/2007
- F.A.O Councillor Wera Hobhouse Date posted: 30/10/2007
- Fortnightly bin collections - I'll move on when you sort it out! Date posted: 07/10/2007
- Heywood Against Landfill Date posted: 19/09/2007
- Uncollected Council Tax Scandal Date posted: 09/09/2007
- More Pennines fortnightly bin collection propaganda road shows ! Date posted: 30/08/2007
- Fortnightly Bin Collections - if you're lucky! Date posted: 16/08/2007
- Abdul Chowdry - my own tribute. Date posted: 07/08/2007
- Thanks Brenda Date posted: 18/07/2007
- Official - Fortnightly Bin Collections are rubbish!!!! Date posted: 16/07/2007
- Recycled Teenagers - the sequel! Date posted: 11/07/2007
- "A goodwill gesture" Date posted: 21/06/2007
- Fortnightly Bin Collection Fiasco Date posted: 13/06/2007
- Chaos, utter chaos! Date posted: 07/06/2007
- The Emperor's New Clothes Date posted: 26/05/2007
- Well, I tried. Date posted: 23/05/2007
- Dear Wera - an open letter Date posted: 22/05/2007
- Fortnightly Bin Collections - Opposition grows Date posted: 21/05/2007
- Update Date posted: 20/05/2007
- Update on diary Date posted: 19/05/2007
- Thank you Date posted: 17/05/2007