Update on diary
Posted By: Susan Emmott
Date Posted: 19/05/2007
Well, just returned from a magnificent evening to celebrate 40 years of town twinning between Heywood and Peine. It is wonderful to think that after such a long time the close relationship between our two little towns is still going strong. Full credit for this must go to the Heywood Friends of Peine and the Peine Friends of Heywood for keeping the flame burning all this time.
I have my advice surgery tomorrow with Linda and Carol on the Hollin Estate which always seems to be very well attended.
On an unconnected matter, the issue of Emmott Close in Heywood has been raised in another part of this website.
For the record, Emmott Close is not named after me, but was named in honour of my late father who passed away during my mayoral year. My mayoral chaplain for that year, dear Father Ryan, did not expect that one of the duties he would be called upon to perform for me that year would be my own father's funeral. It was so named because of the work my Dad did with various schools in Heywood over a number of years. It was proposed by the then Councillor Tony Gaskell who knew my father well and was certainly not proposed at my behest.
I really do wish people would check their facts first before shooting from the hip and disrespecting the memory of my late father who I miss so much.
More Entries By Susan Emmott
- Caught on Candid Camera! Date posted: 07/02/2008
- Community Participation or William's Warm Words? Date posted: 25/01/2008
- Welcome Jonathan Date posted: 02/12/2007
- Give us our school places! Date posted: 17/11/2007
- I'm still waiting, Wera Date posted: 11/11/2007
- More clarification please Wera Date posted: 07/11/2007
- F.A.O Councillor Wera Hobhouse Date posted: 30/10/2007
- Fortnightly bin collections - I'll move on when you sort it out! Date posted: 07/10/2007
- Heywood Against Landfill Date posted: 19/09/2007
- Uncollected Council Tax Scandal Date posted: 09/09/2007
- More Pennines fortnightly bin collection propaganda road shows ! Date posted: 30/08/2007
- Fortnightly Bin Collections - if you're lucky! Date posted: 16/08/2007
- Abdul Chowdry - my own tribute. Date posted: 07/08/2007
- Thanks Brenda Date posted: 18/07/2007
- Official - Fortnightly Bin Collections are rubbish!!!! Date posted: 16/07/2007
- Recycled Teenagers - the sequel! Date posted: 11/07/2007
- Not just in Heywood - Bamford as well! Date posted: 24/06/2007
- "A goodwill gesture" Date posted: 21/06/2007
- Fortnightly Bin Collection Fiasco Date posted: 13/06/2007
- Chaos, utter chaos! Date posted: 07/06/2007
- The Emperor's New Clothes Date posted: 26/05/2007
- Well, I tried. Date posted: 23/05/2007
- Dear Wera - an open letter Date posted: 22/05/2007
- Fortnightly Bin Collections - Opposition grows Date posted: 21/05/2007
- Update Date posted: 20/05/2007
- Thank you Date posted: 17/05/2007