Dale match off at weekend
Date published: 07 January 2010
Rochdale's trip to Aldershot Town on Saturday (9 January) has been called off.
The decision was made early in conjunction with the Football League in order to prevent the team and supporters from making an unnecessary trip south.
The EBB Stadium playing surface is covered in snow after the heaviest snowfall in North East Hampshire for two decades
Aldershot groundsman Andy Nunn told the club's official website: "We wanted to do things the right way. The Referee who inspected the pitch looked like an Eskimo by the time that he came off it because the snow is so deep."
With no game this weekend, Dale are next in action at home to Port Vale a week on Saturday, 16 January.
A number of other League Two fixtures scheduled for this weekend have also fallen victim to the big freeze. Dale will maintain their five point lead at the top of the division with the promotion clash between Rotherham and Bournemouth also called off.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Electricity North West engineer killed in Littleborough crash
- 2Front entrance of Rochdale railway station closed for seven days from Monday
- 3Stunning replica of planet Earth to be unveiled next month in Rochdale
- 4Rochdale to adopt 20mph speed limit on residential roads as councillors back call for safer streets
- 5Milnrow businesswoman appeals for once loved handbags for domestic abuse survivors