Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 04 May 2022
Photo: Sam McGovern
Jasper Bramwell finished sixth overall in a fleet of 120 at Rutland Water
A number of the club’s sailors had a busy bank holiday weekend with events away from home.
Junior member Jasper Bramwell was at a major event at Rutland Water. This was a Youth Championship held annually in memory of Eric Twiname by the RYA. In a fleet of 120 Topper dinghies Jasper finished 6th overall with consistent results including a 2nd place in one race. Held in light winds, this was an excellent performance.
On Saturday, five other juniors were away at Budworth Sailing Club for the first event of the North West Junior Travellers series. Again sailed in very light winds. Jacob Din finished second overall, with 30 boats racing. Millie Hayfield came in 10th.
Further afield, Adam McGovern with his father, Tim McGovern, crewing was competing for the Northern GP14 Championship at Derwent Reservoir. Here they finished runners up in a competitive fleet.
At home, Martin Brennan (Solo) mastered the conditions of very light and fluky airs. An ability to look ahead to see possible wind on the water gave him three bullets. Les Bithell, crewed by Emma Turner, in a Merlin Rocket was consistent with two runner up places, while Jacob Din in a Laser (after his practice on Saturday) managed third place overall.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Opportunity to view development plans for brownfield site near Rochdale railway station
- 2Reuse Littleborough could be forced to close as council slaps group with thousands of pounds' worth...
- 3The Gallows stars on Come Dine With Me: The Professionals
- 4Rochdale police officer sacked after stalking and harassment convictions
- 5Dozens of fine-dodging drivers face justice after scammers accept hundreds to make penalty points...