Trampolining: third place nationally for Whitworth’s Izzy
Date published: 01 April 2020
Trampolinist Izzy Bradley-Harris finished third in the Year 9-10 Novice class at the National Trampoline Final
Whitworth Community High School student Izzy Bradley-Harris came third in her first National Trampoline competition on 14 March.
The 14-year-old won the Northern Zonal Final in Newcastle, earning a place in the national schools’ final in Southampton.
She was competing as an individual in the Year 9-10 Novice class and said: “In the set routine I was fourth and then in the voluntary I came second finishing third overall.
“At the competition I was up against the top three from around five different competitions that had been held and the girl that went on to win the title I beat in the voluntary but she then did a better set routine than I did.”
Next year Izzy will be competing in the Year 11 to 14 Intermediate class.
She only took up trampolining two years ago, but has been doing gymnastics for many years, which helps her with suppleness and also to perform moves in the routines.
Izzy said: “Initially, I was self-taught but now I attend a trampoline club, but because of Covid-19 I am not able to go.
“I will get back to training as soon as I can.”
It was the first time any students from Whitworth had taken part in the schools’ trampoline competition.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale people urged to help save lives by supporting COVID-19 research
- 2Plans for a 27-acre solar farm on green belt between Rochdale and Heywood approved
- 3The Gallows is under new ownership – and the food is set to be better than ever
- 4Here’s where you can Eat Out to Help Out: the venues offering the government’s 50% discount deal
- 5Up to £20,000 funding available for local good causes