Rugby league: Mayfield preview
Date published: 13 March 2020
After last week's comfortable victory over Egremont, Mayfield travel to Leeds on Saturday (14 March) to face Hunslet Warriors.
Hunslet started their campaign with a superb win at Wath Brow and they could be the team to watch again this season. Mayfield coaches Sam Butterworth and Steve Wood are all too aware of the quality within the Hunslet side but will travel with confidence and enthusiasm.
Last week's flying start was especially pleasing to the coaches and Butterworth said: "I am absolutely buzzing with the start we made, especially our defence which was superb throughout. Although we scored five tries I would still like to see us do better with the ball in hand; we have some very creative players and some strong runners who can benefit from that. That is not just something I would like to see it is an absolute necessity if we are to come away with anything against Hunslet."
Cole Connolly and Chris Hough worked well together again last week as did new second row pairing Liam Donnelly and Adam Vrahnos. Butterworth will be hoping they all put in a similar performance today.
Fixture 14 March 2020
NCL Premier Division: Hunslet v Mayfield
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale people urged to help save lives by supporting COVID-19 research
- 2Plans for a 27-acre solar farm on green belt between Rochdale and Heywood approved
- 3The Gallows is under new ownership – and the food is set to be better than ever
- 4Here’s where you can Eat Out to Help Out: the venues offering the government’s 50% discount deal
- 5Up to £20,000 funding available for local good causes