Football: Rochdale Military Veterans AFC 8 - 4 AFC Fylde
Date published: 12 March 2020
Rochdale Military Veterans AFC
Rochdale Military Veterans AFC travelled to Fylde on Saturday 14 March for their first league game since the team formed last month.
It was a great win for Rochdale against a very tough AFC Fylde side, in very windy and cold conditions up on the Fylde coast,
Danny Sirisamband and Cameron Pomroy scored four goals each to secure a great first win for Rochdale.
Volunteer Adam Trennery said: "Every single player put 100% effort in and it showed on the pitch how quickly we started to gel as a team."
The next game for Rochdale Military Veterans is away to Man City Veterans at the start of April.
Fully affiliated by Rochdale AFC and Dale In The Community Sports Trust, the team trains on Fridays at the Soccer Factory in Rochdale, between 7-8pm.
The session is open to all ex-servicemen and is free of charge to take part in.
For more information, contact Keith Hicks on 07958 593 121.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale people urged to help save lives by supporting COVID-19 research
- 2Plans for a 27-acre solar farm on green belt between Rochdale and Heywood approved
- 3The Gallows is under new ownership – and the food is set to be better than ever
- 4Here’s where you can Eat Out to Help Out: the venues offering the government’s 50% discount deal
- 5Up to £20,000 funding available for local good causes