Judo: Rochdale Judo Club Junior Grading
Date published: 08 March 2020
Rochdale Judo Club Junior Grading
On Sunday 1 March, ten youngsters, ranging in age from 4 years to 14 years old braved the cold, the wind and the driving rain to show their coaches, their parents and the Chairman of Rochdale Judo Club, Warren Schofield 7th Dan, just how much their judo has improved.
Four year old Lily-Rose Fraser showed how much she had learned in her pre-judo Nipper's class. Six year old Javier Joaquin and Charlie Durden successfully graded higher at Sho level.
Kyle and Brandon Clarke-Davies, Dylan Winter, Lexie Bennett, Rohan Joaquin, Morgan Holcroft and Ryan Kelly all exhibited the progress they had made at Mon level. They were all promoted successfully.
Club Senior Coach, Warren Schofield, said: "I am very pleased with the standard of judo exhibited and the commitment shown by all the young judokas."
Juniors Coach, Eddie Thomas 3rd Dan, explained to the watching parents and coaches the progress that each youngster had made and thanked coaches Debbie Schofield 1st Kyu and Frank Chatburn 1st Dan for ensuring that the grading was successful. He also thanked Julie Gamson, Club Welfare Officer, for booking everyone in and for attending to the paperwork.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale people urged to help save lives by supporting COVID-19 research
- 2Plans for a 27-acre solar farm on green belt between Rochdale and Heywood approved
- 3The Gallows is under new ownership – and the food is set to be better than ever
- 4Here’s where you can Eat Out to Help Out: the venues offering the government’s 50% discount deal
- 5Up to £20,000 funding available for local good causes