Mixed Martial Arts: Kyran Sturrock gears up for first professional fight at Cage Warriors 112
Date published: 04 March 2020
Kyran Sturrock (second left) and Martin Stapleton (far right) will both be fighting in Cage Warriors 112
Mixed martial artist Kyran Sturrock is gearing up for his first professional fight on Saturday (7 March).
Sturrock, 19, from Castleton, will be facing off in the welterweight prelims against James Sheehan, who has had previous professional fights, in the Cage Warriors 112 event at the Bowlers Exhibition Centre in Manchester.
Mixed Martial Arts, also known as cage-fighting, is a full-contact combat sport using techniques from a range of combat sports and martial arts.
Cage Warriors 112 is the event’s Manchester debut.
Sturrock, who turned pro in January 2020 because he had been struggling to find opponents, said: "I'm very excited to be fighting at Cage Warriors in Manchester because it's close for my family and friends to come and support me.
“I am grateful to my sponsors for all their support.”
Last year, Sturrock won a bronze medal in the Mixed Martial Arts European Championships in Rome.
Sturrock has been involved in the sport for seven years, training at the SBG gym on Queensway under fellow local cage fighter Martin Stapleton, the former BAMMA Lightweight World Champion, who is also fighting on Saturday night.
Stapleton, 37, will face Yassine Belhadj in the lightweight category.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale people urged to help save lives by supporting COVID-19 research
- 2Plans for a 27-acre solar farm on green belt between Rochdale and Heywood approved
- 3Here’s where you can Eat Out to Help Out: the venues offering the government’s 50% discount deal
- 4The Gallows is under new ownership – and the food is set to be better than ever
- 5Up to £20,000 funding available for local good causes