Town centre pub 'flying' the flag for St George
Date published: 20 April 2012
Flying Horse Spring Beer festival 2012
Monday 23rd - Sunday 29th April.
Theme - ' England 's Pride'
The Flying Horse, based in the heart of Rochdale town centre, is taking pride in all things English next week, by celebrating with a Spring Beer festival for St George’s Day.
English food, beers and music should be a recipe for a great week to celebrate our national day! Why not go and join them?
There are specials available all week on all things English with fine home cooked food and cask ales, All cask ales are £2.40 all week.
Monday 23 April - St George’s Day
Open 11am - 12am
Food served 12pm - 10pm
Food deals - 2 meals for £7 from our specials board
- Roast beef & Yorkshire Pudding
- Homemade cheese & onion pie (v)
- Full English breakfast
- Sausage, mash & homemade onion gravy
- Ploughman's lunch
Live acoustic set with 'Outfoxed' 9pm
Tuesday 24 – Friday 27 April
Food served 12pm - 8pm
Thursday 26 April
Live music - Idol-frets - 9pm
Friday 27 April
5.30pm - 8pm - Meet the brewer. Free cask ale taster session.
7pm - 10pm - Tapas night £10 per head 'English dishes'
- Fresh bread and butter (v)
- Pork crackling and home made apple sauce
- Rustic crisps with English chutneys (v)
- Beer battered fish bites, served with mushy pea dip & tartar sauce
- Selection of grilled local sausage
- Bury black pudding with creamy English mustard
- Smoked bacon, beetroot and egg salad
- Platter of English cheese (v)
- Broccoli and stilton bake (v)
Live music - Electric Duck - 10pm
Saturday 28 April
Food served 10am - 6pm
Live music - Teenaged Kycks - 10pm
Sunday 29 April
Sunday lunch £4.25 or 2 for £7 served (full menu available) 12pm - 4pm
Beers on this week
- Timothy Taylor - Best
- Wells - Bombardier
- Phoenix - St George’s flag bitter
- Timothy Taylor - Landlord
- Lees - Bitter
- Marsdon's - English Pale ale
- Gray - England 's pride
- Phoenix - Spotland Gold
- Pictish - Brewers Gold
- Prospect - Big Adventure
Keep up to date with all things happening at “the flyer” www.facebook.com/#!/groups/theflyer/
The Flying Horse Hotel
37 Packer Street
Or visit our website www.theflyinghorsehotel.co.uk
Have Your Say