Recycle Week – WEEE Can Do It!
Date published: 13 June 2012
Examples of small Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) that can be recycled during Recycle Week 18-24 June
Recycle Week is the 18-24 June and WEEE want everyone to get involved in recycling by carrying out ONE action – recycling their small Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE).
22 special ‘WEEE Can Do It’ recycling points have been set up in schools and community buildings in Greater Manchester. During Recycle Week people will be able to recycle their small electrical items such as toasters, kettles, hairdryers, mobile phone chargers and games consoles.
If you can’t get to a ‘WEEE Can Do It’ recycling point then recycle your small WEEE at your local recycling Centre; this service is available all year round.
On average, every Greater Manchester household has three broken or unwanted small electrical items.
That’s a lot of waste, so dig deep into your lofts, cupboards and basements for all those unwanted and broken small electrical items and recycle them in Recycle Week.
Recycle your small WEEE or pledge to recycle more and you could win £200 of Love2Shop vouchers. Together WEEE can recycle more!
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man taken to hospital after being shot near Falinge Park
- 2Mother’s heartache as killer of Chloe Cockton to be allowed home leave from prison
- 3A Castleton woman has been jailed for a collision which left a mother unable to walk
- 4Motorcyclist receives serious leg injuries as collision closes part of Oldham Road in both...
- 5Ealees pond and meadow to be cleared and restored