Hundreds of borough youngsters offered a job through Kickstart
Date published: 16 February 2022
Ryan Bradley from Kickstart employer Rochdale AFC Community Trust
Hundreds of young people across the Rochdale borough have become employed through the government’s Kickstart scheme.
Since the scheme took off in October 2020, over 500 young people have benefitted from a paid work placement, increasing their chances of moving into sustainable employment.
Kickstart is the government scheme offering a six-month full time paid work placement for young people (16-24) on universal credit, with the aim of getting them vital work experience to help kickstart their careers.
Vacancies can be filled up until 31 March 2022.
The most recent Kickstart jobs fair on 9 February at the Rochdale Exchange saw 91 young people attend, with 34 job offers on the day. Employers in attendance on the day included Rochdale Borough Council, JD Sports Gyms, Rochdale AFC, WHAG, Wordsworth UK, Oodles, Prestige Building supplies and many more.
A second Kickstart jobs fair will be held at the Exchange Shopping Centre on Wednesday 23 February with employers such as AHOM, InHealth Group Limited and Language Empire.
For more information, please visit: www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/events/68685/events-in-rochdale/rochdale-kickstart-jobs-fair
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Opportunity to view development plans for brownfield site near Rochdale railway station
- 2Reuse Littleborough could be forced to close as council slaps group with thousands of pounds' worth...
- 3The Gallows stars on Come Dine With Me: The Professionals
- 4Rochdale police officer sacked after stalking and harassment convictions
- 5Dozens of fine-dodging drivers face justice after scammers accept hundreds to make penalty points...