Rochdale entrepreneurs in search of a soup dragon
Date published: 16 January 2022
Kandy Kitchen Creations directors Karen and Andy Turner
Kandy Kitchen Creations directors Karen and Andy Turner wish they had a pound for every time someone has said that they should pitch their soup, stew, risotto and pudding products to the BBC show Dragons’ Den.
The husband and wife team from Rochdale won the ‘New Business of the Year’ category at the 2019 Rochdale Business Awards for their innovative range of ‘Super Simple’ food products and their business has gained in reputation and size each year since.
The duo are well known throughout the borough, often appearing at local food festivals and events.
Karen said: “Our products are so unique that we often get asked if we’ve ever thought of going on Dragons’ Den; well, we finally did!”
You can see how Karen and Andy went on facing Touker Suleyman, Sara Davies, Deborah Meaden, Peter Jones and new Dragon Steven Bartlett in the new Series of Dragons’ Den on BBC One on Thursday 20 January at 8pm.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Opportunity to view development plans for brownfield site near Rochdale railway station
- 2Reuse Littleborough could be forced to close as council slaps group with thousands of pounds' worth...
- 3The Gallows stars on Come Dine With Me: The Professionals
- 4Rochdale police officer sacked after stalking and harassment convictions
- 5Dozens of fine-dodging drivers face justice after scammers accept hundreds to make penalty points...