Lee Rigby killer 'seriously ill' with Covid
Date published: 25 January 2021
Michael Adebowale (right) is seriously ill with Covid-19, pictured alongside Michael Adebolajo
One of Lee Rigby’s killers is ‘seriously ill’ with Covid-19, according to reports.
Michael Adebowale, who is serving a life sentence for murdering Fusilier Lee Rigby, is understood to have been removed from Broadmoor last week following a deterioration in his condition after he tested positive for Covid-19 two weeks ago.
A source told the Sun that Adebowale is “in a very bad way” and that whilst he was receiving oxygen, he was not on a ventilator.
Fusilier Rigby, 25, of Middleton, was killed outside the Royal Artillery Barracks in Woolwich, south London, while off duty, in May 2013.
Adebowale, who has changed his name by deed poll to Ismaail Kuti, and Michael Adebolajo were both sentenced to life in prison after their barbaric attack on Fusilier Rigby with knives and meat cleavers after ambushing his car.
Lee’s mum, Lyn Rigby told the Sun that she wanted the murderers to serve “every day” of their sentence: “It would not be justice for Covid to take this man prematurely and end the sentence handed to him.
“We’ve maintained true justice for Lee is to see his killers remain behind bars and serve every day of their sentence.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Concerns raised over Rochdale’s Riverside complex after it emerges the council is liable for rent...
- 2Town centre sites to be transformed as Rochdale looks forward to reopening
- 358mph in a 30 zone - Speed sting catches reckless drivers
- 4Smithy Bridge man to run 48 miles in 48 hours in memory of late younger brother
- 5CCTV footage released after man, 65, threated with gun and hit with hammer in Middleton burglary