Man charged with death by careless driving after collision on M60 near Alkrington
Date published: 25 January 2021
Shirley-Ann Dumbuya died on 21 January
A 33-year-old man has been charged following a fatal collision on the M60.
Shirley-Ann Dumbuya, a 38-year-old married mother-of-four from Moston, and final year nursing student at the University of Bolton died after her car collided with a lorry shortly before 8.45am on Thursday.
Shirley's Kia Ceed and the lorry had both been travelling northbound on the M60 when they collided with one another in lane one of the motorway close to junction 20 (Alkrington). She was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
John Bowers, from Preston, has been charged with causing death by careless driving.
He appeared at Manchester Magistrates' Court on Saturday 23 January 2021.
Anyone with information should contact GMP’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 0161 856 4741, quoting incident number 628 of 21/01/2021. Alternatively, details can be passed on anonymously via the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Concerns raised over Rochdale’s Riverside complex after it emerges the council is liable for rent...
- 2Town centre sites to be transformed as Rochdale looks forward to reopening
- 358mph in a 30 zone - Speed sting catches reckless drivers
- 4Smithy Bridge man to run 48 miles in 48 hours in memory of late younger brother
- 5CCTV footage released after man, 65, threated with gun and hit with hammer in Middleton burglary