Icy weather to continue
Date published: 22 January 2021
Photo: Mihail - stock.adobe.com
Temperatures will drop to 0° overnight
Snow and ice may cause travel disruption tonight and early Saturday (22 January) as the Met Office has extended the yellow weather warning for ice.
The warning covers the majority of the north west, including the Rochdale borough where temperatures will drop to 0° overnight.
Showers of sleet and snow will bring a cover of snow in places. 1-3 cm could accumulate at low levels, mostly across Northern Ireland, Scotland and northern England but as much as 5-10 cm of additional snow may accumulate at higher levels of these areas.
Clear skies between showers will also bring the threat of ice.
What to expect
Probably some icy patches on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths, increasing the likelihood of accidents and injuries.
Some roads and railways likely to be affected by snowfall, with longer journey times by car as well as bus and train services
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Concerns raised over Rochdale’s Riverside complex after it emerges the council is liable for rent...
- 2Town centre sites to be transformed as Rochdale looks forward to reopening
- 358mph in a 30 zone - Speed sting catches reckless drivers
- 4Smithy Bridge man to run 48 miles in 48 hours in memory of late younger brother
- 5CCTV footage released after man, 65, threated with gun and hit with hammer in Middleton burglary