Police are appealing for information following a serious collision in Rochdale
Date published: 26 June 2020
A boy aged 17 has suffered life-threatening injuries after his motorcycle collided with a car at 7pm on Oldham Road last night (25 June).
The black Ford Kuga involved in the collision was travelling north along Oldham Road when it stopped in order to turn right into a service station.
While paused and waiting to turn, an overtaking green Gen-Moto XGJ motorcycle collided with the car.
No arrests were made and police are appealing for information following the collision.
Constable John Harrison-Gough of GMP’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit said: “Our thoughts are with the boy and his family as he remains in hospital.
“We’re keen to speak to anyone who witnessed this collision or the vehicles prior to the incident.
“Anyone with dash-cam footage or any further information that can assist our enquiry should also get in touch.”
Anyone with information should call police on 0161 856 4741 or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Here’s where you can Eat Out to Help Out: the venues offering the government’s 50% discount deal
- 2Coronavirus: Greater Manchester declares major incident
- 3New temporary testing units to open in Rochdale town centre and Littleborough
- 420-year-old Rochdale man charged with drug and driving offences after police 'witness drug deal'
- 5Facemask advice if you wear glasses or hearing aids