Groundwork Prince’s Trust recruiting young people for next programme
Date published: 21 September 2019
Groundwork Prince's Trust are recruiting young people in Rochdale
Groundwork Prince’s Trust are recruiting young people aged between 16 and 25 for their next team programme in Rochdale, starting on Monday 30 September.
The Prince’s Trust Team programme is a personal development course, offering work experience, qualifications, practical skills, community projects and a residential week, designed to boost your confidence and open the door to work or further training.
Young people who need support and help in gaining confidence, making friends, producing a CV and improving their skills, helping them focus on a positive future, are encouraged to join the 13-week full time programme in Rochdale, which includes a team building residential in the Yorkshire Dales.
Based at Spotland Community Centre, the programme is for those who are not in education, working or in training. Once signed up, young people will receive a free bus pass for each week they attend.
Over the 13 weeks, meeting 9.30am to 4.00pm, the programme is as follows:
- Week 1 is getting to know each other, making a start on their journey with us and preparation for week 2 residential in the Yorkshire Dales.
- Week 2 Tuesday to Friday away in the Dales doing various activities such as rock climbing, caving and abseiling.
- Week 3 Review week two and preparation for a community project.
- Week 4 & 5 Community project (this can be anything that helps the community, such as tidy an area of communal use, or an area in a park, school etc. The young people decide what project they want to do).
- Week 6 Preparation for work placement
- Week 7 & 8 Work placement
- Week 9 Updating CV from work placement, applying for a job and mock interviews.
- Week 10 Team challenge, which is supporting someone or a charity, this could be volunteering at the soup kitchen, or attending a residential home for the elderly and playing bingo or just socially interacting, fundraising for a charity.
- Week 11 Finish off workbooks. Preparation for a final presentation, speech writing.
- Week 12 Final presentation
- Week 13 Follow on programs, help into work.
If you are interested in joining the 13-week programme, you should register at Spotland Community Centre on Wednesday 25 September 2019 from 1.00pm.
Once the programme is completed, the young person will receive a certificate of attendance, will gain a certificate in First Aid, and a Prince's Trust certificate.
For further information contact:
- Team Leader Marcus Pearson, email@example.com, 07715 619 519
- Assistant Team Leader Jean Byrnes, firstname.lastname@example.org, 07850 310 739
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Elderly care home residents need to be urgently rehomed after shock closure announcement
- 2Four men jailed for brutal gang axe attack which left a man with life-changing injuries
- 3 Motorist issued parking ticket despite explaining she could not charge electric car
- 4Council owed £5.1m in housing benefit overpayments
- 5Fury over pay rises for RBH executives