Man taken to hospital after five-car crash in Heywood
Date published: 19 June 2019
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Rochdale Road East, near the junction with Barley Hall Street (right), Heywood
A man was taken to hospital after a five-car collision in Heywood on Tuesday morning (18 June).
The man, a pedestrian in his early 40s, was taken to Urgent Care at Rochdale Infirmary following the collision at around 9.40am on Rochdale Road East, near the junction with Barley Hall Street.
He was treated at the scene by North West Ambulance Service before being transferred to hospital.
The collision included a bronze Toyota Verso, a blue Mondeo, a white Mini, a grey Ford Focus and a white BMW, closing the road in both directions for some time.
A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Police confirmed that the man was conscious and breathing.
If anyone has any information, please contact police on 101 quoting log 495 of 18 June 2019.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Four men jailed for brutal gang axe attack which left a man with life-changing injuries
- 2Elderly care home residents need to be urgently rehomed after shock closure announcement
- 3 Motorist issued parking ticket despite explaining she could not charge electric car
- 4Council owed £5.1m in housing benefit overpayments
- 5Fury over pay rises for RBH executives