Woman charged with causing death by dangerous driving remanded into custody
Date published: 10 January 2019
A woman charged with causing death by dangerous driving has been remanded into custody after appearing at Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday (9 January).
Sobia Aftar, 33, of Taylor Street, Rochdale, will next appear at Minshull Street Crown Court in February.
Shortly after 3.30pm on Monday 1 October 2018, police were called to reports of a serious collision between a red Range Rover and a pedestrian on Taylor Street.
The pedestrian - 11-year-old Marianne Haboc - was sadly pronounced dead at the scene, despite the best efforts of the emergency services.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man taken to hospital after being shot near Falinge Park
- 2Mother’s heartache as killer of Chloe Cockton to be allowed home leave from prison
- 3A Castleton woman has been jailed for a collision which left a mother unable to walk
- 4Motorcyclist receives serious leg injuries as collision closes part of Oldham Road in both...
- 5Ealees pond and meadow to be cleared and restored