Man found guilty of manslaughter after victim died with one punch
Date published: 11 October 2018
Dixy Chicken takeaway on Reed Hill, off Yorkshire Street
A 20-year-old man from Rochdale has been found guilty of manslaughter after a man he punched died last year.
Jafar Ali (24/05/1998), appeared at Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court on Tuesday (9 October) where the court heard how Ali, who was 19 at the time of the incident, punched Keith Maden outside Dixy Chicken near Reed Hill in Rochdale centre on 28 September 2017.
A majority jury of 11 found him guilty of manslaughter.
Mr Maden, 59, who was punched and hit his head on the floor, was taken to hospital where he later died.
Ali is due to appear again for sentencing on 30 October.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Safety of local earth-filled dams at reservoirs
- 2Residents don't recycle food because it is "smelly and dirty", survey finds
- 3Rochdale has some of the best roads in Greater Manchester
- 4Rochdale has one of the best recycling rates in the north west
- 5Hamer ABC receive funding to offer free sessions for people with poor mental health