Man found guilty of manslaughter after victim died with one punch
Date published: 11 October 2018
Dixy Chicken takeaway on Reed Hill, off Yorkshire Street
A 20-year-old man from Rochdale has been found guilty of manslaughter after a man he punched died last year.
Jafar Ali (24/05/1998), appeared at Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court on Tuesday (9 October) where the court heard how Ali, who was 19 at the time of the incident, punched Keith Maden outside Dixy Chicken near Reed Hill in Rochdale centre on 28 September 2017.
A majority jury of 11 found him guilty of manslaughter.
Mr Maden, 59, who was punched and hit his head on the floor, was taken to hospital where he later died.
Ali is due to appear again for sentencing on 30 October.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale gym crowned best gym in the UK at the UKactive Awards
- 2Two new secondary schools approved by government
- 3Man taken to hospital after five-car crash in Heywood
- 4Rochdale optician urges residents not to be caught out by the ‘silent thief of sight’
- 5Mayor’s new electric car is a first for Greater Manchester