Man found guilty of manslaughter after victim died with one punch
Date published: 11 October 2018
Dixy Chicken takeaway on Reed Hill, off Yorkshire Street
A 20-year-old man from Rochdale has been found guilty of manslaughter after a man he punched died last year.
Jafar Ali (24/05/1998), appeared at Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court on Tuesday (9 October) where the court heard how Ali, who was 19 at the time of the incident, punched Keith Maden outside Dixy Chicken near Reed Hill in Rochdale centre on 28 September 2017.
A majority jury of 11 found him guilty of manslaughter.
Mr Maden, 59, who was punched and hit his head on the floor, was taken to hospital where he later died.
Ali is due to appear again for sentencing on 30 October.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man remains in custody on suspicion of attempted rape
- 2Nowster pub could become new health centre
- 3Police appealing for witnesses after a man was robbed and left with head injuries
- 4Rochdale translation firm ordered to pay more than £240,000 for diverting third of government...
- 5Call for clampdown on dangerous driving