Car collides with house on Queensway
Date published: 09 July 2018
One car collided with a house
A car hit a house on Queensway during a collision with another car at around 8pm on Sunday (8 July).
A grey BMW 335D had collided with a silver Toyota Corolla, which then collided with a house, and a gas pipe was damaged.
All emergency services were called to the scene, and a number of houses nearby were evacuated as a precaution whilst the gas pipe was inspected by an engineer from Cadent.
No leak was found and residents returned to their homes a short time later.
Occupants of the vehicles had removed themselves prior to the arrival of the fire service, who made both cars safe before leaving shortly before midnight. The road was reopened shortly after 10.30pm.
A spokesperson for the ambulance service said: “We were called at 8.05pm to reports of a two car collision on Queensway. We sent one ambulance and a Hazardous Area Response Team, but we didn’t take anyone to hospital.”
Cadent has also been contacted for comment.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Murder investigation launched after woman found dead in Rochdale
- 2Two Rochdale restaurants named amongst top 100 in the north west
- 3Former takeaway owner fined after allergy warning was ignored
- 4People in need fed at Rochdale restaurant
- 5Apartments plan for town centre pub ‘blighting the high street’