Husband and wife team give country pub new lease of life
Date published: 17 January 2012
Over the past ten years the King Bill in Shore, Littleborough, has had a succession of landlords; some successful, some not so. The pub has even closed and at times been run by relief staff. However, in March 2011, Shane and Ian Dale took over and the pub has been given a new lease of life.
The husband and wife team had previously managed the Cock and Magpie in Whitworth for five years.
Shane is very proud of her home cooking and with Chef Michael they have established a strong, repeat business, customer base.
Ian is the star when it comes to keeping the real ale on top form. They have 3 real ale pumps which change regularly. Recently beers have included Old Speckled Hen, Bombardier, Spitfire, Black Sheep, Doom Bar and others.
Since the couple took the reins of the country pub they have held a series of highly successful Party Nights, including parties on Halloween, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
They also host a quiz night every Wednesday.
Future events include:
- Burn’s Night with traditional haggis dinner – Wednesday 25 January
- Valentine’s Menu – Saturday 11 from 8.00pm and Tuesday 14 February from 7.00pm only
- Mother’s Day Menu – Sunday 18 March
- Easter weekend – Special fish dishes, children’s egg hunt and charity fundraising for the Adam Kutereba SDR fund.
- The Queen’s Jubilee Celebration with Rick’s Disco on Saturday 2 June
- Euro football in June
- In July, it is hoped the traditional Rushbearing Festival will start from the King Bill.
Other planned events include a Murder Mystery Night and a Charity Quiz Night.
For full information on this family orientated country pub, including menus and forthcoming events visit:
www.thekingwilliamivshore.co.uk or shortcut www.kwiv.co.uk
King William IV, Shore, Littleborough OL15 9LW. Tel No 01706 377948.
Have Your Say