Obituary: Allen Mitchell
Date published: 25 January 2022
On the 13th January 2022, aged 85 years, Allen, passed away peacefully in the Royal Oldham Hospital. Dearly loved husband of the late Eileen, much loved father of Ian, Allan, Warren, Kevin and Clare, dear father-in-law of Deborah, Carol and John. A very proud grandad and great grandad.
Born and raised in Liverpool, Allen moved with his family to Rochdale in 1967. Prior to retirement, he worked as a postman for Royal Mail. He will be greatly missed by his family, and his wide circle of friends and neighbours.
Allen's Requiem Mass will take place at St. Anselm's RC Church, John St, Whitworth, OL12 8DB at 10.30am on Tuesday 8th February 2022, followed by committal at Rochdale Crematorium at 11.50am.
In memory of Allen and his love for Liverpool FC, if mourners would like to wear an item of red clothing it would be appreciated, however we politely request no football shirts or football scarves.
Family flowers only please by request, donations if desired to Springhill Hospice and / or Macmillan Cancer Support, a donation box will be available on the day.
All enquiries to F. Duffy & Son, Funeral Service, 254 Market St, Whitworth, Rochdale OL12 8PW. Tel: 01706 868696.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Opportunity to view development plans for brownfield site near Rochdale railway station
- 2Reuse Littleborough could be forced to close as council slaps group with thousands of pounds' worth...
- 3The Gallows stars on Come Dine With Me: The Professionals
- 4Rochdale police officer sacked after stalking and harassment convictions
- 5Dozens of fine-dodging drivers face justice after scammers accept hundreds to make penalty points...