Obituary: John Barker
Date published: 09 April 2020
Born 22nd September 1928, son of George and Annie Barker.
Worked as a Senior Blow-molding Technician at Robert McBrides in Middleton until his retirement in 1992, after 25 years.
Passed away peacefully on 6th April 2020 aged 91 years.
Much loved and sadly missed by Alice, his wife of 65 years, sons Paul and John, their wives Susan and Karen, his grandchildren Aimee and husband Matt, Ashley, Lynsey, Ellie and Ryley, great grandsons Max and Miles and his sister Margaret.
Donations are being accepted in John's memory and can be sent online to either The Alzheimers Society or Dementia UK via the following links:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Facemask advice if you wear glasses or hearing aids
- 2Council leader hits out at plans to build more than 200 homes on a ‘thriving’ business park
- 3Funding secured for two major projects in the Rochdale borough
- 4The Gallows is under new ownership – and the food is set to be better than ever
- 5Plans for a 27-acre solar farm on green belt between Rochdale and Heywood approved