Obituary: Stuart Forbes
Date published: 02 January 2020
Stuart Forbes, born 1948, Rochdale born and bred, has died at the age of 71 after fighting a brain tumour.
Mr Forbes worked at Peter Pell Tailors before working at Dexine. He went to university and, once qualified, started work at Chadwick and Co. Solicitors.
He was also lead guitarist in a band called Exit, which started in the 1960s.
Mr Forbes was a massive part of amateur dramatics in Wardle and many other local societies including Whitworth and the Curtain Theatre in Rochdale.
Stuart's funeral will take place on Friday 3 January, 1.15pm at Thrum Hall Church followed by committal at Rochdale Crematorium at 2.20pm.
Family flowers only, and donations, if desired, to The Brain Tumour Charity:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Here’s where you can Eat Out to Help Out: the venues offering the government’s 50% discount deal
- 220-year-old Rochdale man charged with drug and driving offences after police 'witness drug deal'
- 3Council urges residents to follow new regional restrictions
- 4Rochdale residents invited to help create giant town centre artwork
- 5New lockdown restrictions - your questions answered