Darren Rushton to open new burger restaurant 'Heroes Burgers' next week
Date published: 17 February 2022
Darren Rushton and Stephen Bamford
A new burger restaurant will open on Cheetham Street next week.
Darren Rushton and Stephen Bamford decided to launch ‘Heroes Burgers’ after working together at Littleborough's Cryers Butchers, with the name dedicated to everyday heroes who make a difference in other people’s lives, something which has become even more important throughout the pandemic.
After initially attempting to launch the takeaway from his own kitchen, Darren quickly realised that permanent premises were needed if Heroes Burgers was to be a success, as he found it "impossible" to deal with the huge demand on the first few nights.
The 34-year-old will buy all his meat from the award-winning butchers, before creating delicious meals for the general public to enjoy.
After discussing the idea for over two years, the duo decided to put some plans into place before Christmas, with the new premises set to open its doors on Friday 25 February.
Darren said: “From the first weekend (of doing it from my kitchen) you could see that it wasn’t going to be viable to do it from there. I had to look for a place straight away.
“It’s going to be more than just a takeaway. I know there’s a few burger places in Rochdale but there’s no way they will be doing the stuff I’m going to be doing.”
Darren and Stephen have plenty of plans for the future, including breakfast foods, afternoon tea and charity events.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Opportunity to view development plans for brownfield site near Rochdale railway station
- 2Reuse Littleborough could be forced to close as council slaps group with thousands of pounds' worth...
- 3The Gallows stars on Come Dine With Me: The Professionals
- 4Rochdale police officer sacked after stalking and harassment convictions
- 5Dozens of fine-dodging drivers face justice after scammers accept hundreds to make penalty points...