Couzens Hair Salon celebrates 36 years of business
Date published: 20 July 2019
Greg Couzens receives a birthday cake from Debra McGinty, of Montagues Café
A special birthday cake was presented to Gregory Couzens on Thursday (18 July) to celebrate 36 years since his hair salon opened on The Walk in Rochdale town centre.
The long-standing business in The Walk Conservation Area was established in 1983 by Mr Couzens, who owns the salon with his daughter, Georgia.
Prior to the studio, the building, dating to around 1820, previously used to house McCartney’s Outfitters and Burney’s Café.
Mr Couzens set up the award-winning salon in the Georgian building, chosen for a myriad of reasons - including cost and prime position in the town centre - offering the highest standards of service in an opulent environment, after training at the world-famous Vidal Sassoon in Leeds.
The cake was presented by Debra McGinty, who owns Montagues Café, located in the Rochdale Indoor Foodhall and Café on The Butts.
Mr Couzens said: “This is a beautiful gesture from Debra and the Montagues team; it is probably one of the best cakes I have tasted.
“We need more of this type of comradeship, as we can all learn from the kindness and support from Montagues.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Elderly care home residents need to be urgently rehomed after shock closure announcement
- 2Four men jailed for brutal gang axe attack which left a man with life-changing injuries
- 3 Motorist issued parking ticket despite explaining she could not charge electric car
- 4Council owed £5.1m in housing benefit overpayments
- 5Fury over pay rises for RBH executives